When you install a modem, phone line or any type of router and similar thing, you always need a tool to verify if the configuration is done properly. A cable network checker conducts this function precisely and maintains a strong link between both the origin and the target.
There are various kinds of connection monitors for multiple purposes. Cable certifiers, cable versifiers and qualifications are provided, all of which are intended for various tasks.
Hence, the next time you conduct a network monitoring and connectivity task, ensure that you purchase and bring into your toolkit the Best Network Cable Tester.
Householders with little expertise in data connection use the testers extensively to measure the high-speed cable performance level. Hence, both specialists and the unqualified can use network cable testers. We have just compiled a review of Top 4 Best Network Cable Tester so that it is easier for you to choose the best among a wide range of products.
Top 4 Cable Testers To Buy
4. Wire Tracker, ELEGIANT Cable Tester Line Finder Multifunction Wire Tracker
The Elegiant, wire and cable tester is a very good choice if you are looking for some cable tester that can work even at night conditions. With the provided earphones and LED indicator it is very easy to locate any issues with your wires within a few seconds. Even though you have to pay a little more but the device really worth your money and you can take it along with you anywhere due to the easy portability of this device. Check out some other features and specs below.
Product Ratings – 3.9/5
Product Weight – 0.6 pounds
Product Dimensions – 7.8 x 1.2 x 1.6 inches
Battery – 9 volt
Temperature Range – -10 to 50 degrees Celsius
- The major feature that makes it more popular is its usability. Skilled and unskilled both the group of people can use this device easily.
- Additionally, an earphone is provided by the company to hear the readings even in a noisy environment.
- It is suitable to be used with wires using RJ45 and RJ11 and it is very easy to detect a fault in the line due to LED indicator.
- The device is multifunctional and it is extremely lightweight to be taken with your anywhere.
- The asking price is a little high for this device as compared to its competitors in the market.
- The customers have reported issues about the toner and its usability over long time periods.
- The device is not long-lasting if you are using it for continuous usage for a longer period of time.
3. NetAlly, Ethernet Cable Network Tester
This cable tester provides quick Ethernet cable testing due to its handheld nature. One button auto testing and lasting battery. The NetAlly LRAT 2000 is one the best cable tester even for those people who are not even technicians and those people can also use this tester to measure the transfer rate of their cable. The device is very easy to use and displays efficient results on its LED display screen. Check some more technical specs and features below.
Product Ratings – 4.0/5
Product Weight – 1.12 pounds
Product Dimensions – 7.8 x 3.5 x 1.9 inches
Display – 2.8 in color LCD 320 x 240 pixels
Keypad – 12-key elastomeric
Temperature Range – -20ºC to +60ºC
- The device is very effective and efficient in interpreting the signals on the screen and identifies the issues immediately.
- The item weight very less and it is more handy when it comes to the usage for long time periods.
- Being more reliable at work this device is also not that heavy on your pocket as the price is very fairly charged by the company.
- It can easily store the test results up to 250 qualification tests and you can even transfer those results to your laptop or PC for further analysis.
- It is supported by the major operating windows like the vista, windows 7, windows 8 and many more.
- Customers have reported issues on the long term usage of this device. Buyers say that it is not a lasting device.
- The major issues among the buyers was that the parts are often found missing when it is delivered.
- The customer even reported about the terrible customer service by this company while asking for repairs or replacement.
2. Fluke Networks, Network Cable Tester and Fiber Tester
A smooth cable functioning is derived by this device due to its SimpliFiber Pro visual power meter and a MicroScanner2 cable verifier with prevalent fiber and copper network installations. If you are seeking the device to ensure the smooth running of your operation during your work time then this cable tester from Fluke Networks is going to be a worthy purchase. The magnetic strap on this device helps the technicians to remain free and prevent any further accidents at the working site.
Product Ratings – 4.3/5
Product Weight – 5.5 pounds
Product Dimensions – 15.4 x 10.6 x 7.5 inches
Product Depth – 1.3 inches
Height – 9.8 inches
Temperature Range – -20/60 degrees celsius
- MicroScanner2 displays the multiple dates on one screen ensuring the work is done smoothly with an efficient interface.
- This device is best for all those technicians who are working on copper lines on a daily basis.
- The device comes with both RJ45 and RJ11 support to ensure it can be deployed at any work site.
- With no such major complication at usage, most of the technicians use this cable tester on their daily troubleshooting work.
- It is very easy to carry the tools and devices in a big while keeping them safe.
- Sometimes it displays the false results on the display screen.
- The batteries drain very fast while working simultaneously for a long period of time.
- The Mode button does not work very efficiently and this is stated most commonly by many buyers.
1. Fluke Networks, MicroScanner2 Network Cable Tester Kit
When you are talking about the cable testers that are efficient in working, who is durable, fairly priced then Fluke Networks is the brand that needs your special attention. This brand has all the things to offer to all the technicians and the unskilled people seeking devices to check the cable line on their own with accurate results. This device is capable of locating the errors without any error in its interface which is very easy to understand.
Product Ratings – 4.4/5
Product Weight – 0.8 pounds
Product Dimensions – 15.9 x 13.9 x 1.4 inches
Battery – 9 volt
Temperature Range – -20 to +50 degrees Celsius
- This device can monitor almost every media variants such as Coax, RJ45, and RJ11 without any further help from adapters.
- The device comes with a very fine display which depicts a very accurate result on the screen without any delay.
- You can locate any pair of wire within a few seconds with the IntelliTone Probe technology that can virtually locate any wire and cable.
- It can be used with both RJ45 and RJ 11 cables efficiently.
- Customers reported that the buttons are not meant for regular usage and they are not that much durable.
- The built quality is a little bit on the cheaper side just to cut some extra cost from the making charges.
- A little difficult to handle it while working anywhere.
Choose The Best
We have mentioned some of the “Best Network Cable Tester” that is currently most popular among the people worldwide and now it is up to your preference which one you are going to buy but in my opinion I would say that Fluke Networks is a very reliable brand in this segment and it delivers the best for most people.